A simple appetizer of grilled artichokes with lemon thyme aioli
- 2 whole Fresh Artichokes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Thyme fresh or dried
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Wash and prepare the artichokes by trimming the stem and cutting off the top. Place in a steamer and steam until cooked through. Test by inserting a knife into the artichoke heart, if there is little to no resistance it is cooked through. Place cooked artichokes in a ice bath to cool and stop the cooking process.
- Cut the cooked artichokes in half and using a spook remove the thistles from the center of the artichoke, this part is not edible. Season the artichoke halves with salt, pepper and drizzle olive oil to coat. Please artichokes face down on a grill to get some char.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice and thyme leaves. Continue to whisk and slowly drizzle in olive oil until thickens and fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve grilled artichokes with lemon thyme aioli dipping sauce